Monday, December 05, 2022

Love and Mercy

When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

I admit that mind trick has worked for me a few times. Seems lately it doesn’t work quite as well. Maybe I’ve become allergic to whiskers on kittens.

No post here for all of November? My time last month for the most part was occupied in sharing joyful activities. My wife and I both got sick at the end of the month. No fun for about a week.

 
 
I shared good food and time with family.

 
We traveled to warm place for awhile

 
Recently as I was exploring songs on spotify I came across a Brian Wilson song from the 1980’s titled “Love and Mercy”. As I looked up more about the song I discovered that the title was used for the Brian Wilson biopic (2014). That film tells how Brian struggled under his crazy controlling psychotherapist. Finding love saved him eventually. If you haven’t seen the film, it is well worth you time.

I found this beautiful cover of the song. Libera performed for Brian at the Kennedy Center Honors (2007).
 
 

 
Love and mercy that's what you need tonight
So, love and mercy to you and your friends tonight

~~~~~~~~~~
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember to post on my blog
And then I don't feel so bad

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing