Thursday, December 29, 2022

Endings

Ending of the week, weekend. Ending of the year, year end. Unless you are in a business meeting, “year end” does not come up often in conversation. Instead, we say new year and focus on the hope for the new year. I like “new year” vs. “year end”, but the transition is the same moment in time.

Do we get conditioned by books and movies to expect happy endings? Those are other people’s stories not your own. I say, most people have hope and if you have hope then you might expect a happy ending to your own story.



Over the hill - what hill? There are many obstacles faced in life. It seems that obstacles that were minor annoyances in my past appear as insurmountable now. Dealing with frequent changes has become a bigger problem. Is my final stage (stage? phase? no stage needed to act) not meeting my expectations?

The world changed and I changed but not in sync with those world changes.

I’m stealing the following line from the Jim Croce song, “Age” for advice about hills and climbing.

I’ll be careful while
I’m climbin’ ‘cause it
hurts a lot to drop




I’ll dig up some hope for next year. I’m reminded of the saying, “if I didn’t have bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.”

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing