Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Clinically proven

Does a product label stating that the "lotion is clinically proven to improve the health of dry skin" make a difference in your purchase decision?

Maybe I should start a nameless clinic.
 
I wonder if these clinical tests are even recorded. The beauty industry is very unregulated. My gripe is not so much the lack of regulation but product labeling trying to deceive.



Elephant Skin
Elephant skin picture by Filipe Fortes

False claims are nothing new but that doesn't mean we should just accept them. Actually using terms that are vague make it difficult to say they are even claims.
 
I lack funds, expertise, and motivation for testing beauty products. However, I did come up with a name for a testing clinic. Send me money and I will start the Want To Hear (WTH) testing clinic. All our reports would show the skinistical results you want.

Hey, did you notice what I did there?

I created scientific sounding non-scientific term. Skinistical can mean whatever you like. Maybe I should trademark it.

Ok, this is not the elephant in the room but just a minor annoyance. An elephant in a room is noticeable even if we don't want to notice it. Hmm, do elephants prefer essential muds for their skin?

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing