Monday, January 31, 2022

the great pretender

Oh yes I’m the great pretender. 
Pretending that I’m doing well. 
My need is such, I pretend too much. 
 
Pretending a little helps you visualize accomplishing your goals. Pretending too much might land you in jail. Charles Ponzi was such a great pretender that he convinced many people to invest in his pretend business. At the peak of his con nearly 75% of Boston’s police force believed they were smart investors in Ponzi’s scheme.
 

My wife once encouraged my pretending of being a singer when she bought me a Karaoke machine. I enjoyed attempts at singing "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes".
I gave it up. Even better I gave up smoking too. Reading my blog posts will never get smoke in your eyes. There are some posts that might give you an earworm.



 
Oh yes I’m the great pretender. 
Adrift in a world of my own. 
Woo woo

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing