Friday, October 29, 2021

the conversion doesn't work

Win a free trip to the land of milk and honey.

Now typically every grocery store has milk and honey, so do we already live in the land of milk and honey? Also, do any of you know of a popular meal that combines milk and honey? 

As you probably know the phrase comes from the Bible, so maybe the translation got messed up.


Tower Bridge towering over the others.


 

Moving on to the land of fish and chips, I'll share my wasted thinking about measurement standards.

I'm interested to get your opinion. What if The Metric Conversion Act of 1975 had really taken hold and Americans gave up miles for kilometers?
But I would walk five hundred miles
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
To fall down at your door

Those words about walking are the chorus lines from "I'm Gonna Be" by the Scottish rock duo, The Proclaimers. Substitute miles with kilometers and it just doesn't work.


But I would walk five hundred kilometers
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand kilometers
To fall down at your door

Those of you who think in metric terms know that 500 kilometers of length is shorter than 500 miles.

With that fact in mind, I conclude that if you walked a kilometer in my shoes you still wouldn't have walked a mile in my shoes. Of course, I'm not giving up my shoes but I have some old slippers that you can have for free. Walk a mile in my old slippers.

 




No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing