Thursday, October 22, 2020

California burning

All the leaves are burnt
And the sky is grey
I've been for a walk
On a fall day
I'd be scared and burning
If I was in L.A.


Trying to step up



Tree advice


I guess changing the lyrics of the hit song, California Dreamin’ to reflect the many wildfires would not be kind to California. Wildfires are not humorous. My mind drifts while listening to lyrics. Often those drifts turn into new lyrics.

I should be more serious. I do tire of being serious and thinking of serious problems. We all should be more serious about climate change.








Oh, one more for the road (one more for your browsing?). Remember the sixties song, “Stop Stop Stop”. Actually youtube suggested I listen to the song. It was easy to rework the chorus part.

Stop, stop, stop all the tweeting
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the tweeting
Or I’ll have to heave

I’ll leave the following two lines unchanged.

Heavy hand upon my collar
Throws me in the street


Hopefully next month we will throw commander-in-tweet out into the street. He and his cabinet should be locked away in a cabinet. In addition to that change, having Mitch McConnell sent into retirement would improve our world even more.






Here’s some non-political news (I think that type of news is still possible)

The NASA spacecraft called ORIRIS-Rex traveled 200 million miles to grab some gravel from an asteroid Bennu. This is really old gravel, like 4.5 billion years old. https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-s-osiris-rex-spacecraft-successfully-touches-asteroid

Another NASA news release announced that they selected Nokia Bell Labs to deploy a 4G wireless network on the moon. Fly me to the moon, to get a better mobile connection. https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/solicitations/tipping_points/2020_selections

Enjoy the original lyrics of those songs via the youtube clips I included.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing