Thursday, June 06, 2019

what if fun

Before we get into this post, I want to be clear that this "what-if" post will avoid thinking about personal what-if's. I've wasted too much thinking and emotional energy on my own what-if's. I certainly don't want to bother you with my past mistakes. I'm sure you have some yourself. It is what it is, so let's move on.


what if I start wearing blue shades

What-if thinking doesn't need to be about anything personal. The what-if doesn't even need to be about the past. Here's a future what-if example, what if you leave a good comment at the end of this post. However I do find more fun with considering past what-if's.


Jules Verne without diving gear


Creating a past what-if allows me to use the word juxtaposition. So what do you think of this current day technology juxtaposition with past writer of science fiction?

What if, Jules Verne was able to take a deep diving submarine trip before he wrote "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea"?

The book would not have been a science fiction book but rather a true adventure. I'm sure he would have still written some science fiction about underwater life. He could have created Mayor Nemo of some underwater city like Atlantis.

What if, the Wright brothers had a jet turbine engine available for their airplane? 

The first world war might have been shorter. I can't imagine using trench warfare while fast aircraft could bomb and strafe the enemy troops. Of course a powerful engine on the glider type of plane they first built would have just ripped it apart. So I need to include metal craft that would provide strong metal wings. 

Also, maybe the more advance aircraft (capacity, speed, distance) would have dampen the demand for automobiles.


Lastly what if I didn't crash my drone to the point of its complete destruction?





No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing