Monday, February 05, 2018

I don’t find this stuff amusing anymore

I hope you do. At least, I hope some of my musings are amusing.
 

Yesterday the New England Patriots went up against everyone in America and lost. Patriots and Eagles are a good mix-up of American symbols.


public art in a nearby town

Could the following two odd things I've noticed be harbingers of our lives in the near future?

1)  I recently discovered the existence the International Asteroid Warning Network.
This is both scary and reassuring. Scary because one day the sky could be falling and life as we know it will be screwed. Reassuring because at least some smart people with advance equipment are working together to give us warning. Also possibly with enough warning and global cooperation we could minimize the impact.

2)  In late January there were Nutella riots in France.
I love hazel nuts and I've tasted Nutella. Meh. What food would be worth fighting over? Ok, maybe if a killer asteroid is scheduled to hit soon I might put extra effort in stocking up on beer and wine. It was reported that "In at least three cases, police were called after customers came to blows in the frenzy for Nutella." WOW, imagine getting hit in the head (or nuts) with a jar of Nutella.





Reviewing old posts on my blog aids my recollection of past events. Years ago I traveled with my uncle to Chillicothe MO., the home of sliced bread, but I failed to have a sandwich there. 
I enjoy an idiom but not an idiot. (thinking French Nutella buyers)

Often I’ll beat around the bush which ends with me barking up the wrong tree.

If you'll be my bodyguard
I can be your long lost pal
I can call you Betty
And Betty when you call me
You can call me Al


Hopefully I didn’t bite off more than I could chew with this post but at the drop of a hat, the ball is in your court. No pennies needed, the comment section is open now.



 

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing