Wednesday, August 19, 2015

where’s the party

Who is going to clean up the blog party? Oh nevermind, this is the virtual world of the internet, no cleanup required.

However it does seem the blog party is winding down. Many bloggers have gone home or maybe just over to the all-night FB and instagram. There’s still beer in the cooler so I’m staying but I’m tired. Haven’t fallen out of the chair yet. (those were the days, I’ve found myself unexpectedly on the floor once or twice)

I have two pictures to share. Every picture tells a story - ask Rod Stewart.

Here’s Chicago’s shiny cool bean in the dark. It’s popular tourist site in Chicago. We walked by there a few nights ago. I snapped the picture just minutes before the sky opened up. I didn’t stick around but a picture with lightning in it would be cool. Now there’s a copycat public art piece in China - WTF? Here’s a link to that story.





This next pic - A week or so ago I ranted on a bit about this ad I saw in our junk mail. Maybe you’ve heard of or shopped at Ulta. I never have step foot in one. Did you know they offer a line of makeup called “Urban Decay”?

I consider this name the dumbest product names any marketing group a few clowns short of a circus could promote. Calling it urban probably turns off most of the rural folks. Why decay? Since when is "decay" a word associated with makeup? Put this crap on your face and look decayed?  Maybe influenced by the zombie fad?


Perhaps some answers can be inferred from their web page description of their Urban Decay Perversion Mascara:

“If you need to apply in public, you'll look good holding Perversion. Urban Decay emblazoned their gorgeous, highly metallized black tube with a big purple "Perversion" and their tagline: "Bigger. Blacker. Badder."”

Yeah buy it for the good looking tube - you big bad ass.


Well here's the pic our daughter who heard my rant took for me a few days later:
 




I guess my rant stuck in our daughter's head because a few days latter she snapped this picture for me. Have you ever skipped over a product because of it’s name? I have. It has me wondering what crazy name stuff will be out there years from now when our little granddaughter starts shopping for makeup (other than the Halloween type).


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing