Friday, August 21, 2015

words of the day 8/21/2015

Regular readers/followers probably know my interest in words. Word usage or lexicology blends in well with my interest in song lyrics. What you might not know since I don’t post about it often is my interest in the stock market. For me the stock market is a form of retirement survival.

The following are words I’ve read today, browsing the business news about our stock market correction:

suffers
sharply
plummeted
plunge
tumbled
reassessment of risk
jittery
festering
uncertainty
weigh heavily on investor sentiment
pressure
global rout
=-=-=-= 
meanwhile 
on the other side of the pond 
the UK brings us this 
=-=-=-=

notice the paparazzi


Dismaland

The Guardian offered up some pictures. The above picture of a crashed pumpkin coach is from the Guardian's set of pictures on Dismaland. (link to story)


Dismaland has been billed, by its creators, as "the UK’s most disappointing new visitor attraction," and it's already causing widespread dismay online. (from a Mashable story)

How fitting to learn the new term “bemusement park” on a day everyone in the stock market needs much bemusement.  I might be able to create my own dismaland now.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing