Monday, June 16, 2014

I’m not that classic really

Classic music anyone?


the late Sir Colin Davis (nice hair)


current Lisleman - nice hair?


I'm lucky if I can successfully conduct myself through a dinner.  A favorite classical music CD of mine is "Classics in the Movies".  Another one I enjoyed but don't recall the title was a collection of classics used in cartoons (do today's cartoons use the classics like Bugs Bunny did?).

I was surprise to learn as an adult that I was enjoying classics back as a kid with Bugs Bunny.

Most of these "tunes" will be familiar to you even if you don't know the classics.  Movies, cartoons, and commercials all use them.  Here's a good one from Carmen which I think is about a bullfighter and a sexy gypsy.




Another big production is Carmina Burana O Fortuna.  If you listen to the real performance first, then the following beer commercial that parodied it is even funnier.







No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing