Thursday, September 01, 2011

feeble friday fragments

Would flimsy sound better? Tough call feeble vs. flimsy. 

The world is back in school. Actually if the world went back to school maybe we would learn something. I didn’t enjoy school until I was much older.   College was great.

Oh yeah, fragments. I told you they were flimsy. So much so that the fan behind me blew them out of my ears. 

I don’t think she is feeble or flimsy.   I do know she writes a great blog, is a teacher with a heart and recent got into a fight with google.   I’m referring to the one and only Mrs. 4444 (that’s what she is known as outside of G+). Check out her rock-solid fragments and watch your toes she may drop one. 


Mommy's Idea

Blogging benefit - You often find people liking your comments which is unlike your relatives.




Oh remind me to complete the post titled “why would he take my pants”. Good story.


“This is your final notice” - oh I wish that was true. They are liars because they say that in every voice message they leave. How many “final” notices can there be?


Title of my teenage dating memoir: 
“I fought the bra and the bra won”

Here’s a quick outline (it’s a start): 
  • I told her that the cisco kid was a friend of mine. 
  • I convinced her to empty a few Boone’s Farm bottles with me during a perfect day at Lake Arewethereyet. 
  • I never got there, but the wine was fine. 
  • I don’t think she believed my cisco kid story.   If I only had a horse.
  • Until you walk in my flip-flops, you will never understand.


25 comments:

oceangirl said...

funny, here people like our comments, unlike relatives:) happy friday, lisleman.

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

I often feel like a fan has blown away all my fragments... I've gotten into a rut lately and focused on doing a family update but I used to be way more fun :)  Glad you stopped by AB and you now have at least one more follower ;-)

brainella said...

Feeble means not strong. Flimsy falls apart easily. Which are your fragments? :)

Laurie Matherne said...

Yes, I remember the Boone's Farm daze. And yes, I was usually savvy to boys and their tricks. I was though easily influenced by long feathered hair . . . on boys with rock t-shirts. Dem were da days. 

Karen and Gerard said...

I would say these are flimsy.

Brandi. said...

I never liked High School. Now I can't wait for my next college class to start!!

Okay, now I wanna hear the pants story...

lisleman said...

maybe both?

lisleman said...

thanks for following - blogging has its ups and downs.  You can NOT just turn on creativity on demand (unless you pay for that on cable).

lisleman said...

yes - i enjoy your comments too.  Do you think the relatives just feel they know you too well and don't bother to listen?
thanks

lisleman said...

do you mean hair that needed conditioner?  Da days - you sound like you're from Chicago but I know you are not.  thanks

secret agent woman said...

Boone's Farm is not really wine. It's like alcohol kool-aid.

Leenie said...

The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine, Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine...LAlalala....  
Oh great, now it's stuck in my head...  Anyway, thanks for the link to Bent Objects.  Liked it a lot.  Looking forward to more.  Also followed you to Mrs. Fours and Friday Fragments.  Now I have TWO more blogs to read when I should be doing something important like....What?

Mrs4444 said...

[shakes head slowly] You are one of a kind, Bill. (Yes, the good kind, mostly.haha) Happy Friday!

tracismixedbag said...

Ahh what a great song. It reminds me of the old days (the '90s) that's when I got into old school and oldies. Did you ever catch that Cisco Kid movie? With Jimmy Smits and Cheech Marin? I faintly remember it when I hear this song. Which also reminds me of Old Gringo another Jimmy Smits movie. I love how your posts are the greatest prompts ever. You have a gift. I'm don't have any credentials to back me up but I'd like to go on record by saying, these were not at all Flimsy Fragments.

Speaking of Boones, if you ever want to smell like a whino.......

Doreenb8 said...

My relatives are really not liking my comments [book] okay only 2 of them but boy can that ruin a good day!!  Have a safe and happy holiday weekend:)

TechnoBabe said...

Feeble vs Frail. Sounds Decrepit.

"Final Notice" means as much as the furniture stores with their "Final Sales, Going Out Of Business" signs each month. 

frau said...

You crack me up...
Hope you have a wonderful long weekend! 

CaliforniaGirl500 said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

lisleman said...

Yeah they probably all went to the same marketing seminar.
thanks

lisleman said...

In its defensive (who knew I would ever defend this crap?) it didn't promote itself as a fine wine.  Everyone knew it as a drinkable way to achieve intoxication.  I agree alcohol kool-aid is a good description.
thanks

lisleman said...

like what?  oh I don't know drinking Boone's Farm?
thanks for sharing a comment

lisleman said...

I really love your screenplay directions included in you comments.  If video comments ever get going, you'll be ready [rolls eyes].  We are all one-of-a-kind.  It was planned that way so we could tell each other apart.
thanks [camera fades, cisco kid music plays]

lisleman said...

Thanks for the vote of my post not being flimsy fragments.  I didn't see the movies.  I find that blog reading gives me all types of ideas.  I throw them at the wall and see what sticks.  You should see the floor!
"if you ever want to smell like a whino"  - wow maybe there's a new fragrance in the making.

Jene said...

I hit just the tail end of the Boone's Farm heyday, by the time I got out of high school most teenagers had moved on to Arbor Mist.

I loved back-to-school season, and I really miss it! So much promise, so much excitement, and nothing beats a brand-new box of crayons.

lisleman said...

Arbor Mist - an upgrade?
If you didn't get a brand-new box of crayons for your birthday, you deserve one.  Simple things are often the best.
thanks

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing