Wednesday, September 17, 2014

a reliable hodgepodge

I’ve been distracted from blog posting lately. While I don’t often play along with the Wednesday Hodgepodge meme/game (hosted by From This Side of the Pond), it is nice that you can pretty much count on it being there for you to join. (here’s the last time I played along)

Here's my entry for this week's list of questions.






1. I'm celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.' Would you agree? If not, why not?

Ahh, sorta agree. Attitude is certainly important. Being positive is much healthier than being negative. However, you can’t stop the overall aging process.

2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily your same birthyear, just the same date/same month.

Without internet searching, I know that George Washington was born on the date after my birthday. My brother has his birthday next to Abraham Lincoln’s birthday. These facts helped me remember my brother’s birthday all these years.

3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'

Had I known this question was coming I would have baked you cake. Well that’s a lie. I have never baked a cake in my life. I would rather have my pie and eat it too. I suspect most people would like to have their paycheck and spend it too. 

4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?

Playing with grandkids.  Recovering after playing with grandkids.

5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?

This morning making and eating my bowl of cereal. I don’t understand why more people don’t eat cereal. Could it be that it is not cake?

6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What else would you add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)

Wisdom, but not all the time which is similar to beef not always aging well at least in our fridge.

7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200 in the Hodgepodge, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is by Christmas.

Wow 200 - maybe something related to 200? (a box of 200 paperclips)





8. Insert your own random thought here.

Oh yeah, the random thought - I have an abundance of random thoughts. Most of them disappear quicker than I can type. I have been wondering about my hobby of blogging. I still consider it a good hobby for brain activity but not so much for physical activity.  What do you think?



No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing