Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hodgepodge thing/game/meme/whatever

In my blog following I've often read this Wednesday Hodgepodge meme hosted by "From This Side of the Pond".  The first time I joined in and answered the set of questions was back in 2012 (here's the link if you are interested).

Now this whatever you want to call it (blog thing, game, meme?) certainly has staying power.  I've tried to get a game going on my blog a few times.  I just don't care for schedules much and so my attempts don't last long.




Also to be honest I often find the Hodgepodge list to be too gender specific (nice way of saying a chic-thing?)

1. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?
No question about it - the shower. On a few rare incidents I’ve figured out things while dreaming. All I can say is I had this work related problem when I went to sleep once and had an answer when I woke up (not the most exciting dream?)

2. Are you a risk taker? What's one big risk you've taken?

Yes, but not a big just-jump-don't-look one. I try to think first before taking the risk. I enjoy and have benefited from the stock market, so that's a big risk I've taken.  I'm surprised but some of the extreme sports people do today.

3. Some of the most common phobias according to the National Institute for Mental Health are-fear of spiders (arachnaphobia), snakes (ophidiophobia), heights (acrophobia), fear of spaces from which escape is difficult (agoraphobia), fear of thunder and lightening (astrophobia), fear of dogs (cynophobia), injections (trypanophobia), social situations, flying (pteromerhanophobia) and fear of germs and dirt (mysophobia). True phobias affect only about 10% of adults, but of those listed which would you rate as your greatest fear?

I don’t care for snakes much and find it strange that people have them as pets. I like a good thunderstorm - amazing display of nature’s power.

4. Are you settled or do you feel the need to move somewhere new?

I’m settled and maybe too settled.  I'm easily shaken.

5. What is something you find annoying when dining in a restaurant?

Too much background noise. Of course, there are many types of restaurants. I don’t like it when you need to shout over the music/game at some brewpubs/sportsbars to have a conversation.

6. Daffodil yellow, sunset orange, spring green, or sky blue...your favorite color this time of year?

Rainbows maybe after a thunderstorm.

7. If you were going to take a holiday all by yourself, where would you go?

Years ago I traveled to many places on my own for business. If the question implies no cost restrictions - the mediterranean or maybe South Africa.  However, there are a few places you could not pay me enough to go.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I find myself noticing word usage more and more. The words random and ton get misused often today. I believe language is a living changing thing so the different usage of words should be expected, however, I still notice it.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing