Last post, I joined in a favorite song game/challenge. I listed a few songs that popped up in my head and competed for the favorite title, then I picked one. You should play along and share your favorite too.
There is no doubt that music forms a very key part of human development. We communicate through music. We can stir emotions in others with it. This might be why I found some readers deciding that they could not pick one favorite song.
I must say there are some songs that sound good but for certain reasons could never be a favorite of mine. Some them would even be on my change-the-station list. Do you have a list like that? Dislike it so much that you need to change the station.
For example (please suggest ones on your list):
- “Ben” - lovely musical quality but it’s about a rat. That is just too stupid. (some of you were not born when this was a hit so I'll include a youtube clip below)
- “Helter Skelter” - totally ruined by Charles Manson and his misappropriation of it.
- “The Fool On The Hill” - too realistic for me
- “I’m Too Sexy” - too unrealistic for me
- “Wedding Bell Blues” - bad memories (don’t ask I don’t want to talk about it)
Hey players fire up those brain cells - more “A-Few-Clowns-Short” points are available for you to earn. (see this post if you really want to learn more about those points but honestly I would not bother clicking)
Try to answer me this:
1. Name the song writer (who died much too young) of that Fifth Dimension hit listed above.
2. If the song writer had a picnic with the Fifth Dimension what type of picnic would it be?