Saturday, September 16, 2023

Oh my darling

Bits of lyrical advice

It seems many of the lyrics of the classic rock songs have more meaning/messages than most lyrics today. This idea of mine is certainly biased. Accurate or not, that idea created the reason for this post.

Best case you might pick up some useful thoughts here. At least, I hope you are prompted to leave a comment.

So in no particular arrangement here are lines/phrases from my favorite lyrics: (
oh with the extensive search capabilities on the web I’m sure you can find the song related to these lyrics)

 
Crossing a tree bridge

 
But it’s all right now, in fact it’s a gas
But it’s all right, I’m jumping Jack Flash

Wild thing, you make my heart sing,
you make everything groovy.

Oh, and she never gives out,
she never gives in,
she just changes her mind.

Remember what the dormouse said,
feed your head.

You can’t always get what you want,
but if you try sometime, you’ll find
you get what you need.

You can check out any time you like,
but you can never leave.

The church bells all were broken
And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast

It’s not having what you want,
It’s wanting what you’ve got.

Some days I feel alright,
Some days I can’t wait until it’s night,
Some days you gotta face that light.

Don’t surround yourself with yourself.

Wildflowers don’t care where they grow.

A weema weh, a weema weh…
(ok just a catchy sound)

And I think it’s gonna be a long long time
‘Til touchdown brings me ‘round again to find
I’m not the man they think I’m at home.

You know you ain’t get younger
Your pain and your hunger are drivin’ you home
And freedom, oh freedom
Well that’s just some people talking
Your prison is walking through this world all alone

We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me
And then she asks me "Do you feel all right?"
And I’ll say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight"

----------------




I’ll change this one for my blog:
You can check out any time you like,
but you can leave a comment.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing