Sunday, April 24, 2022

an odd activity

This fool on the hill sees many odd activities as the world spins around. I don't profess to judge what is and what isn't odd. Also, over the years what was odd before doesn't seem so odd anymore.

some find it odd that I pose with painted horses


I say that's a bison bull



Readers of this blog may remember past posts that were based on stories from the "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" radio show. Here's another one.
 
I heard about Desert Sitting (or Competitive Sitting?) on a recent broadcast. While I don't predict this activity to become a trend, who knows. I have practiced sitting for years. This version of the common non-active activity seems odd.
 
The essential parts of this activity is sitting and time. "Competitive desert sitting pioneer Robert Silk..." clocked 14 hours and 27 minutes sitting in Joshua Tree National Park. Here's a trailer for a documentary on his record(?) event.


So far nobody has approached me about a documentary about my odd activities. I need to up my game and take one of them to the extreme. Hmm, I need to sleep on this. Maybe even sleep in.
 
Hey how about an odd comment from you?


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing