Wednesday, September 04, 2019

unexpected

Oh before I go off on a tangent, I have a brief announcement:

Lisleman is hereby the Emperor of Ephemera.


on the rocks


Great title don’t you think? I’ve had a few titles during my life. Most of them were printed on business cards. I don’t think there’s a big future in business cards.

Recently I was perplexed pissed-off by the unexpected. Not significant in the big picture. But how big is the big picture?

You know the axiom, expect the unexpected? I thought I should just remember that more often. But then my logical thinking started analyzing. My processing of this advice put my thoughts in a spin.

If you expect the unexpected then there is no unexpected.

I suspect my logic here just gave the wrong result. Expressing the advice of staying prepared for unpredictable events/results/demands in your life would be better.

Surprises can also be fun and enjoyable.

There’s always tomorrow. I recall someone called the orphan Annie a procrastinator because of her always singing about tomorrow. Her song “It’s a Hard-Knock Life” provides advice similar to expecting the unexpected advice.

My wife shared an old song that was new and unexpected for me.


I’m sure my wife wasn’t very surprised to see a dead skunk in the middle of the road. Actually seeing one of these nocturnal vermin alive during daylight would be more surprising.

This sighting reminded her of the following song which to my surprise I didn’t remember at all. Seems odd that this is the first time I heard this humorous roadkill song.






Well my empire was vast but gone in a flash. At least I'm not a dead skunk.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing