Tuesday, May 02, 2017

It’s just a box

I wonder how many of you are old enough to have had experiences using a jukebox will also relate to my ongoing battle about boxes. Not jukeboxes, but I do wish I owned one since they were mechanical wonders and could store great music. No just plain cardboard boxes of varying size.

“It’s just a box” I replied to the directive coming from she-who-rates-boxes.


I learned very young that a box can be a toy

That exchange about boxes often takes place around holidays involving gift giving. There’s satisfaction in contributing to recycling for the betterment of our planet right? Now I will admit to occasional long term use of an old shoe box or two. Maybe I just draw the line at a different point in the complex box saving decision process.

Today box ranking was challenged but I quickly backed down since in the end does it matter to take a stand on boxes? (oh I'm sure you know, but standing on cardboard boxes can be hazardous to your health)


Imaginative use of cardboard


I believe boxes are great for:
  • Play
  • Moving
  • Limited storage for holding beer supply (when does storage become hoarding clutter?)
  • Protective mats on damp grass or dirty garage floors

I guess what is not on my list but I have repeated found out is on others’ lists is - potential gift box for a yet unknown gift in the distant future.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing