Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Uh eeh uh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang

I think I was sick at home the week they introduced phonetics at school. I've always had trouble pronouncing words. Also, my shortcoming did not improve with age.

Now I creating a long post title is a cakewalk (easy as pie, breeze, picnic, walk in the park, easier than saying Joaquin Phoenix, no-brainer).

Should I have used "oo ee" instead of "uh eeh"?  


uh eeh uh ahh or is it oo ee oo aah ahh?

In my last post I researched a meme I found on youtube. Research? I suspect you are questioning if that should be called research. Have you notice what passes as research these days?

Researchers from Switzerland have confirmed what most of us already know - drinking a single glass of beer can make people more sociable.

After a big "duh!". I realized I need to contact these scientists about further research ideas. I love my beer.

The lead researcher said there had been little previous research in this area. Really? Perhaps the lead researcher spent most of his/her time during college deep in text books and little time in pubs. Yes I know not everyone drinks but I suspect even those that don't probably have noticed the lower inhibitions of those that had too many. Did they ever just walk around the popular clubs on a Friday night?

Here's a link to an article about this "research".


research by the pint

Back to that research wonderland called youtube. During a bit of searching my old posts I found one from years ago in which I had referenced the song verse from this post title. I went to youtube hoping to listen to this phonetically inspiring song another time.

I was awe struck. No, I was mystified. All right, I discovered yet another thing that didn't make any sense to me. It could be because I'm not on drugs.

There on youtube is a clip (see below) of this song that goes on for 10 HOURS!

Not only did it's existence baffle me, it has been viewed over 2 MILLION times. Hopefully most of those views were not the full 10 hours. Who knows. Then of course, the "psychic" youtube suggested more clips that were 10 HOURS long. Who out there wants 10 hour clips? There is weird one called "When Mama Isn't Home Club Remix 10 Hours". I did put in about 3 or 4 minutes of research on that one.


Nice dancing bear?





No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing