Friday, September 09, 2016

this or that

To dream ... the impossible dream ...
To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
To run ... where the brave dare not go ...
To right ... the unrightable wrong ...
To love ... pure and chaste from afar ...
To try ... when your arms are too weary ...
To reach ... the unreachable star ...
This is my quest, to follow that star ...
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far ...
To fight for the right, without question or pause ...
To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause
Ok that's enough of that, I'm not marching into Hell. Too damn hot down there for me. Also, who in hell knows if they have a good internet connection there.

I have a short story to tell you.


Don't Drive Dead




The above picture came from a visit to the Auto Museum in Volo Il. last month. I was surprised by the number of cars they have, over 5 buildings of cars. Many cars from Hollywood.

My story involves a car but nothing to do with the Volo Museum.

I’m getting more absent minded or maybe I always have been. At a recent Sox game (they beat Detroit) everyone got a free lottery promotion ticket. The next day I stop at 7 Eleven use the machine and get a ticket. I'm studying the ticket as I walk back to the car. Open the door and notice a scent of cheap perfume and smoke. Weird I thought. I look down. It's NOT my car! Why don't people lock their cars? Thankfully nobody was sitting inside it. One of my daughters pointed out that I must have been dreaming of winning big. (I didn't)


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing