Thursday, June 16, 2016

word pirate

I want to be a word pirate. I'll plunder your mind's thought treasure as you surf the web.

Where's the buried treasure in our blogland? The pop-up ads have made my treasure map unreadable. Screw the GPS let’s navigate by the stars.

Don't worry about me. I'm alright. If the past is any indication, my plan will go flittershitters quickly.

Change, switch, flip this topic. New terms everyday. Who reads the terms?

I read (they should just put out a video) that a vice president at Facebook predicted face-not-a-book will all be video in five years. If so, I’m dropping my membership. I still enjoy reading and besides I’ll still have youtube.

The phone line is becoming ancient terminology. An open phone line has been created. Call now. Have you ever heard of a closed phone line? We finally disconnected ours.

Ringing off the wall. Will future generations have a clue what that phrase means? (could they possibly have a clue if they never played the game?) Blondie's "call me" song becomes "text me" or "video me".

On the subject of phrases or terms - I recently discovered the origin of peeping tom. It appears Toms has been an innocently accused for centuries. Guess who is associated with peeping tom? 

Lady Godiva.


who said blondes have more fun?
By the 13th century her legend was known. She was protesting (great protest IMHO) oppressive taxation. Apparently she told everyone in the village to stay inside and away from their windows while she took her ride. Tom either didn’t get the memo or was just too curious. All the Toms since probably have dealt with unwarranted suspicions because of it.



No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing