Thursday, February 25, 2016

wonderful wondering

I should have written this on Wednesday.

A bit of free-range blogging today. Just wondering out loud. Having the time to wonder is a dream, a daydream I guess.



dry eye

I have memories on t-shirts. Having memories posted on this blog provides a better way to recall them than my t-shirt collection.

Like the antimatter in a bunch of bananas (not joking look it up) most of what exist isn’t seen. Seeing isn’t believing. Not seeing takes believing.

A few words from a great standup comedian:

“Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright.
“Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.” - Steven Wright

I’ve probably mentioned before that I listen to a great oldie station often. A few times a song will stir up a post idea. In the last two weeks our adult daughter has endured listening to “MacArthur Park” with me. She is not allowed to jump out of the car. The crazy lyrics has made it one of favorites. (I did a post about this song in 2013)

Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

(not to get too political but don’t you think some of the presidential candidates have be left out in the rain too long? Also when one does get elected they always forget that recipe) Even if you don’t like the song, this clip of it below shows plenty of sixties styles in it. Also, the song length will allow you time to mix up a cake batter while listening to it. (this last idea was left in a comment on that 2013 post about the song, I don’t bake)



Oh, NO!

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing