Sunday, January 17, 2016

work the word

Do people still work on improving their vocabulary? Do you look up new words as you find in your reading? Hopefully, people will continue to read more than just tweets in the future. (do tweets have you thinking of sweets, maybe just late in the afternoon?)

do dogs have vocabularies

While Johnny Cash could walk the line, Lisleman tries to work the word. As with many favorite songs of mine, I grabbed the lyrics and twisted a few different words out them.

I find myself alone making toast.
Yes I’ll admit that I’m a fool for a post.
Because the blog is mine,
I blog the line.
I keep a close watch on this blog of mine.
I keep my eyes wide open all the time.

I can’t recall which eye was wide open at the time but I found myself thinking zilch. I do mean the word zilch because although it means nothing, nada, you can still ponder it. I haven’t filed my report on zilch yet. (very short so far) However, my investigation has already turned up filch. I’ve added filch to my vocabulary so my word growth is not zilch for the week.

filch zilch - While she was out of sight I went to filch a chocolate but when I lifted the lid I found zilch in the box. (Forrest Gump lied)
Or
My scruples are many for I filch zilch.




Don’t leave me this way, don’t let me down, leave a comment instead.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing