Friday, July 24, 2015

smartphone phase 2 or a fragment or 2

weighing options, making selections

Everyday we are making selections, deciding the next move, up, down, left, or right.  Often the choice only effects the taste of your lunch.  Other times it could result in you being lunch for a hungry animal.  Could you imagine what cavemen/cavewomen would have posted if they had blogs and could write?

They had much more to worry about than a slow internet connection.

The internet compared to ice cream - 
I enjoy both and both can give me a brain freeze.

The time had come to jump into the smartphone craze.  However I picked too big of a smart thing to handle.  The lack of reasoning behind my selection was explained in a previous post.


latter part of my career involved the engineering of the Airfone system.

I remember using IM back at my Airfone job. I didn’t see a big advantage over email but the boss was on it so I was on it. With JUST my old flip phone and it’s keypad with the fill-in/guess the word software I could text. Never long texts but I assumed texts were always supposed to be short. Most of my IM exchanges were through laptops. LOL OMG LMAO came from the IM short length texting world.

So now I finally concede and get a smartphone. Of course with it, texting now is easier and I’m more likely to express myself with whole words. R U gettin my pt.?


Will a smartphone fragment my mind even more?

I saw the smartphone trend growing rapidly.  I didn't want to stick my head in the sand.  Besides even using a flip phone under the sand is not easy.




The other day I had my first misdirected text exchange.  Sent a question to the wrong daughter.  The ease of sending text on this smartphone compared to my old flipper phone also makes to quicker to screw up.

I got a reply of "what".  Then I explained my question.  Then I realized I wasn't "talking" to the right person (remember how with voice conversations you often knew the other end's voice).  The damn smartphone outsmarted me.




This post has been linked to the Friday Fragments blog game over at A Star In My Own Universe.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing