Monday, May 12, 2014

think outside the blog

In a blog post long ago, I asked: Do you find cemeteries interesting and even enjoyable?





We have. There’s good art to be found in cemeteries.




I’m feeling fine and it’s not sickness that has me thinking of this final dirt nap. My don’t-be-cruel wife often reads the obits in the paper. I’ve posted about it before. Today, I noticed an ad in the obit section. You never see ads for vacations in the obit section and I think that would be great place for them since a reader might want to take that last chance trip. No, it was an ad for death related services. Specifically, for cremation services. I believe cremation has benefits. If you are fortunate you get old. Why would you want to keep that old body around?

Two things caught my eye in the ad (definition of a good ad?), one was the smiling, wife arm hugging, older couple. I swear I’ve seen that stock photo in a vacation/retirement ad. Really, would any couple be posing with big smiles while deciding on a cremation plan? I might get a little suspicious and ask, “why are you so happy right now?”

The second thing gave me a laugh (good ads generate laughs and revenue). The tag line for the company - “Think Outside The Box”. That’s brilliant and funny.






While looking back at my older related posts, I came across my post about funeral theme songs. “My Way” is a popular one. I actually like “Over The Rainbow” better. (future note for any family or friends - don’t try to be TOO funny. “Highway To Hell”, might not be funny to everyone gathered.)

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.
To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
"No, oh no not me,
I did it my way".



No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing