Tuesday, December 31, 2013

pretty plain

Ooooo-oo-oo-oo-oo, oo-oo-oo-oo
All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watching the puddles gather rain

watching puddles on the Moon


Around this time of year it’s the drifts gathering snow, not puddles. A plain life is always a comparison of course. Our social media life comparison site called Facebook offers too many chances to compare my puddle watching to other’s daring adventures, conquests and look-at-me's. I enjoy enough of the look-at-me site to stay a member. I don’t spend much time there. I would rather watch youtube gather video.


All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
You don't like my point of view
You think that I'm insane
It's not sane, It's not sane

No Rain by Blind Melon


 

 

12 comments:

Dawn Saros-Kirk said...

I haven't heard that song for quite some time. Happy New Year!

Joanne said...

I post nothing on facebook, and follow only the people or things I care about. Works out well for me.
Happy new year.

lisleman said...

I don't do much more than that on there.
Happy New Year

lisleman said...

Me too. I heard it and thought the lyrics were worth posting about. thanks. Happy New Year

Secret Agent Woman said...

I like FB well enough, but try not to spend a lot of time there. I don't really want to compare my life to others'.

Scarlet Blue said...

Happy New Year, Bill!
I just wish the rain would stop... more of a pain than plain.
Sxx

Cheryl P. said...

That is an interesting point about Facebook being a window into other people events and comparing it to your life. I hardly ever look at my Facebook account but now that you mention it, it does prompt comparisons on how we all got to where we are.

CaliforniaGirl500 said...

Happy New Year Bill!

lisleman said...

Happy New Year back at ya.

lisleman said...

Happy New Year - rain is great if it is the right amount. thanks

lisleman said...

FB is good. Really the problem is how people/companies/political groups use it. thanks

lisleman said...

I don't spend much time up there. Mostly check out pictures of family. I'll throw out a funny (in my opinion) comment if I'm up there for awhile. Even though I don't think about it much, I can't help but compare others activities to my own. It's not something to dwell on and for the most part I could care less but it's still there. I think this comparison aspect of FB can be more of a problem for young people who I suspect are more worried about their image with their peers than adults. thanks

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing