Tuesday, July 16, 2013

odds n ends and Lassie too

I was playing around with an old picture of my brother and I. I'm the cuter one. Digital manipulation of pictures has become so easy.




This next one features my childhood hero, Lassie. Such a smart dog. Of course, maybe Timmy was a little slower than normal so the dog didn't need to try very hard.




I don't know of any readers/followers who use xtranormal. I discovered and starting using the online service back in the spring 2011. Here's my first post about it.

At the time I thought it would be a longer lasting hit than it was. I don't know how many youtube clips were generated with it. I've watched a number of them. It's all about the script. The characters and actions have limits (there is a downloadable version that I never used with more features) so your script makes the big difference. I just found out that the service is shutting down at the end of July. I made one more today, to use up my credits that will disappear soon.





This next one made by a mom is hilarious. I have a neighbor who has recurring diarrhea of the mouth like the character in this clip. I'm hoping she doesn't read my blog.
 

12 comments:

Joanne said...

OMG. Summer vacation and your mother was not going to hem those new jeans until she knew 1) how much they would shrink; 2) how much more you would grow before school started. My kinda woman.

lisleman said...

Ha Ha - Oh I should have known a reader would notice those pants. She was sewing often and even made outfits for my kids. At one time she worked (sewing) for a "furrier?". The guy ran a shop with fur coats. I remember getting paid to run a vacuum around the store a few times. Dusty place.

longhollow said...

That last video cracked me up - I know someone just like that!

lisleman said...

yeah unfortunately they are all around us. thanks

CaliforniaGirl500 said...

My right or your right?

lisleman said...

damn I was wondering if someone would ask that question. I thought about putting an arrow in the pic. I'm the cuter one. The one with the red shoes. BTW I no longer own any red shoes. I think I was hoping for pope one day.

Cheryl P. said...

I have seen a number of You Tube videos that used extranormal and think they are hilarious. Both of the ones you posted are great.

lisleman said...

thanks - apparently after they shut down the service I suspect we will not be seeing too many new ones. Their notice indicates that they will be offering a different type of service in the future. I think they want to focus on mobile devices. They are fun to make.

OneStonedCrow said...

Hehehe ... isn't the internet and digital manipulation great? ... it alows us to time-travel and change the past ... I wonder whether your bro thinks you were cuter? ... :)

lisleman said...

Ha - yes his opinion would be different. "change the past" - hmm, I guess in a virtual way we can make it look better. Once in an art gallery I learned that changing the past also took place long ago. There was a huge painting of a sea battle. The battle didn't turn out the way it appeared, however the art was commissioned by a captain who wanted to look good.

CaliforniaGirl500 said...

Oh. I KNEW you were the cutest one! Enjoyed asking the question. xo

lisleman said...

thanks

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing