Monday, November 19, 2012

hawk brought lunch

Today Hawk stopped by for lunch. The weather was so nice, he ate outside.

Good thing Hawk ate outside because the lunch was not cooked. Hawk likes raw fresh meat. I’m terrible with names, but I knew better, not to call him Chicken Hawk. After a little photo matching on the internet, I’ve determined he is a Cooper’s Hawk.




Today he enjoyed fresh chipmunk or maybe small squirrel. Not being the most sociable diner, I could not get close enough to ask the exact type of juicy meal he consumed in our neighbor’s tree.

We do hope he will return for another chipmunk. We have plenty living under our deck.




8 comments:

savannah said...

wow! or as my daughter would say, too much nature!!! LOL great pics, sugar!

Lisa said...

wow! again. Cooper's Hawk, I wonder how the name originates.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I love hawks (most of them around here are red-tailed hawks) and I know raptors are predators but ... I also really love chipmunks!

lisleman said...

I try not to take sides. Just let nature do that. thanks

lisleman said...

I don't know. You gave me something to look up. thanks

lisleman said...

too much for some I guess, but it is natural. thanks

jnoragon said...

There is a hawk rookery in the woods across the road. Hawk babies are like any young birds, crammed in the nest, beaks open, yelling for food. They are loud and grow louder with age. One day the parents know its time and leave. The hawks yell another day, then look around, figure out how to fly and go looking for their own grub.

lisleman said...

Interesting, they are left to figure it out on their own. Would this approach work for twenty-somethings that won't bother to find a job? I don't have the problem now but I have seen the problem before.

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing