Thursday, December 08, 2011

on the eighth day

Good.  Finally functional gifts - eight maids. 

Oh wait, these maids only do milking. But they didn’t come with cows. I don’t have any cows. It looks like I have a goat in my kitchen but I don’t. (Next year add goat to Christmas list) 

Hey remember those French hens a few days ago? 

Any chance I could exchange these eight maids-a-milking for eight French maids? I could throw in a few pear trees. I have enough feathers around here to make some good dusters. 



Well we are having a pleasant mild winter so far and we could take a ride to a nearby farm. The maids could exhibit their milking talents and maybe the farmer would pass me a few bucks. But no, they were dropped off here and I don’t have any transportation for them. Now I probably need to feed them. They don’t cook either. I asked.



More BlogFestivus players  ==>


11 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Its YOUR 12 Days of Christmas you can have ANYTHING you want!  Ask me!

Frau said...

I bet they clean though....

Jene said...

I think that would be a fair trade. You've got the maids, my husband has the French. Back in the day when I spoke French pretty well he liked to joke about my lack of cleaning skills.

Not so much of a joke, anymore :)

OneStonedCrow said...

Hehe ... internet hassles caused me too miss three days of gifts but I tell  you what, I'd settle for just one milking maid ... a little retraining and ... what more could a man ask for?

lisleman said...

Yeah even the retraining part would be fun.  Please click back to the other days.  thanks.

lisleman said...

Almost any joke gets old after awhile.   Thanks for sharing.

lisleman said...

Are you kidding me.  The maids-a-milking are full of barn dirt and waste and the French ones don't want to break a nail and are all show.  thanks

lisleman said...

really?  I think Santa filed for bankruptcy and his reindeer are roaming the gardens eating all the bushes. 
thanks

Random said...

I think you should absolutely be able to exchange the milking maids for French maids. This song needs some serious updating anyway.

Blogdramedy said...

If you treat them real nice...maybe a French kiss...or eight? :-)

lisleman said...

you are so right about the updating.  Who gives birds for presents?
thanks

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing