Sunday, August 07, 2011

every picture tells a story

The simple story these three pictures tell is:







We have enjoyed the live music, wine tasting, cheese eating evenings at the Morton Arboretum this summer.   Also (the last one), I like odd humorous art.





The post title might be familiar to many my age. I didn't care much for that song but I really liked "Maggie May". It always reminds me of a girl named Margaret who went by Peggy but could have changed her nickname to Maggie. I dated her for a short while but I don't think it was in May.

Not related but I want to share this link to another story I read today.  Very to touching story with a lesson about the challenges of life.  Mary Schmich's Chicago Tribune column.

Enjoy more pictures at Unknown Mami's SIMC feature.



Unknown Mami



another circus 

10 comments:

secret agent woman said...

Music, wine and cheese - nice way to spend some time.

lisleman said...

it was even better on the evenings with a cool breeze.
thanks

Barbara said...

Austin holds a free live music "Blues on the Green" every Thursday in the summer but I've still never made it! Fingers crossed for next summer... 

lisleman said...

I drove through Austin so long ago.  I think Texas still wasn't part of the union then.  Since then the picture of Austin I have is one of music and fun times.  I base that on Austin City Limits and SXSW event.  Like I said I have not been there in a long long time - do I need a passport?
thanks

oceangirl said...

we love all rod stewart songs, for many reasons including the lyrics.

Sheila Burke said...

well.  NOW I know what song I'll be singing all day!  :)
Great pics... love that tree, very funky!

Kristin_The_Goat said...

People do the craziest things!  I have seen, online, where people have covered hundreds of things with knitting.  It's so odd and crazy and yet it's pretty cool looking.  If I were in a boat I'd be asking for help, too.  I really dislike being in small boats.

lisleman said...

Just my guess - the artist was playing with the lifeboat idea.  Small boats are fine in small quiet body of water.
thanks

unknownmami said...

I love Rod Stewart and humor and funky art.

lisleman said...

Hey thanks for making the SIMC rounds.  Have you listened to his  old American standards albums?  I like his duet of "Bewitched Bothered And Bewildered " with Cher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e29hgZxUbv0

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing