Thursday, August 19, 2010

hey charlie badge bladge whatever look copy click

((( hey I need to mention something like an update here - Charlie picked my coding, modified it and has it running on his blog.  Please use the one on his blog because this version doesn't have the right picture link anymore - OK the update will make sense after you read this post )))

Sometimes it is all about looking and clicking.

Over on ICB (in the comments OF COURSE) Charlie asked about the buttons going around the blog community. I am going to try to make an unauthorized "surprise" button for him.

Really the first task is to create a picture and then size it right. Charlie has a nice blogger profile pic so I'm going to use that.

Next since I don't remember the picky details of the HTML code I will use the following one I made for the ICB blog and replace the important links in it.

I can’t blog


Now stand back I need to edit some HTML.

Here's the picture that should click over to Charlie's blog.


Professor B. Worm

Now for the somewhat trickier part - the text box.




It looks like it worked.  I wrote a long comment about the details in making a badge or bladge as I like to call them over at ICB.

another circus         solar info link
   

6 comments:

Bearmancartoons said...

I had that in my banners page originally. I had so many people not be able to get them to work right in their blog that I just left the images and told them to link it themselves..haha

lisleman said...

thanks bearman - I hope he likes it. I am still waiting to hear back.

Charlie Callahan said...

For a guy (me) who hasn't been around to your blogs in ages, I'm overwhelmed by your coolness and nicety (nice-eh-ty). There are few, if no one, who would make me such a neat badge—or bladge (BLog bADGE), which I think better describes them—just on the spur of the moment.

Thanks, L-man. If you need me, I'll be over at my place fooling around.

lisleman said...

I'm glad you like it.
Now it would be easier for you to grab the HTML code from an email so I'll be sending one.

lisleman said...

Just in case anyone is wondering about the Charlie bladge. It's working over on Charlie's blog. go get yourself one today.
http://thefirstbookoftesticles.blogspot.com/

Charlie Callahan said...

You are a true Prince among clowns, l-man. I have one more tweak to do and then I, too, will be a famous badge person. Thanks for spending your afternoon with me.

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing