Thursday, July 16, 2009

browse stumble click

I certainly don't know how readers of this blog navigate their internet trips. I do suspect not too many bother to click on things over on the side column.

You know over there --> look over on the right there. It's not all ads. There are some other blogs/sites listed and some of my favorite past posts.

I find this stumbling around the net an interesting way to find things. Of course, it also can consume much of your time so it's not an effective way. How many of you use services like tumblr, delicious, digg, stumbleupon?

Well the following (was listed on the right side for a long time - did you ever notice?) was a fun post I did last year (I'll explain why I'm reposting below)


--- from May 2008 ---




I have a trip to Peru coming up soon and I should know more than bano (yeah I know I'm missing that little accent thing on that word) and dos cervezas.

I can't even figure out much of this song - but I think he asked her where the bathroom is near the beginning of the song. Some love song hey?

Oh, and I picked up that he likes the library.

Hey I took Deutsch - Guten Tag!!


--- back to today and why I reposted ---

very simple really - I stumbled across an update of that clip - the SECOND semester spanish love song. It's even funnier - do you think so?




If I watch it enough I might actually learn a little more Spanish. I know cerveza and what you need to know afterwards - baño

11 comments:

yorksnbeans said...

that's not the same song, is it??

Bill Lisleman said...

@yorksnbeans - different songs but same characters/actors
second semester should be more advanced.

Anonymous said...

I studied Spanish for 5 years and this guy knows it better than I do. Ok, the Spanish teacher was attractive and the only female teacher in an all boys Catholic High School. It should be clear why I kept taking the class.

Tom C.

Anonymous said...

Dude I have NEVER laughed so hard at an online video in my life. This is ridiculous. I love it. And yes, he likes the library, has a white car, can only count to ten, and thinks his mom is pretty.

So funny.

Bill Lisleman said...

@tom - sometimes it's not much of a mystery in what drives a man to do what he does. I guess it was hard to focus on the words.

@gigi - I'm happy to generate a laugh. I wonder if any Spanish teachers have used this yet.

Lisa said...

The sign on our front gate says "Cuidado con el perro"...and aahh yes Eric Estrada, first hearthrob, before David Hasselhoft, and speaking of Hasselhoft, he knows Guten Tag.

Bill Lisleman said...

@ocean girl - had to look up that one, google translator wonderful.

so "beware of the dog" yes that would be a good one to know.
thanks

Anonymous said...

The only other thing you need to know ("perro malo" is another way of warning you about dogs) is "cuanto vale?" or "how much?" My dad got by on "cerveza fria," "donde estan los banos?" and "cuanto vale?" for seven years in Spanish-speaking countries. He also knew "vino tinto," but if you're not a wine drinker, that doesn't matter.

Bill Lisleman said...

@class-factotum - thanks for sharing - those are some good phrases to remember

Claudya Martinez said...

Figgin' hilarious. I might have to steal these from you. I'll give you credit for introducing me to them.

Good luck finding el baño in Peru.

If you are using Windows and you want to make an ñ hold down alt and type in 0241 then let go and it magically appears.

Bill Lisleman said...

@unknown mami - it's not stealing, they are on youtube, but I appreciate any credit you would like to give me for finding them. The Peru trip was last year and it went well.
thanks for the tip Ň

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing