Tuesday, September 18, 2018

not much here how about you?

You don't need to be directly involved in a disaster to be affected by it. I suspect most parents would understand my statement. If a disaster affects a child of yours then that disaster affects you.

Florence over stayed her visit to NC and SC recently. I found myself watching local news reports as it slowly unfolded.

All my family members living in those now very wet states are fine. Frustrated by the clean-up and disruption but fine.

I spent some time worrying about it. Thankfully it was not as bad as the possibilities that had crossed my mind.  


I didn't lose my head over it

While roads were being washed out, rivers over flowing and trees falling there, the weather around here was pleasant. We even spent an afternoon picking some apples.

more than enough to pick on this tree


Some years ago I posted a clip of the muppets singing my favorite Queen song. I enjoyed this one just as much. I've read it was a big hit in the UK.





HEY - that video did work when this was posted. It was a highly regarded ad for the British retailer John Lewis & Partners. I just don't understand the lawyers and ad industry. I would think running your ad on youtube for as long as you are in business would be smart. After some searching (I was not the only site where the video failed to play) I found a working version at least for now on twitter. I'm not even on twitter myself but they do show anyone the tweets. Try this link to watch the ad.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing