Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Have you ever thought

Hey kids, have you ever thought that the people who seldom post on Fakebook are out having fun in real life?
That thought just flashed across a few of my brain cells.

While in blogland I assume that a blogger who has not posted in awhile probably just got busy in real life. Or maybe went to the darkside of Fakebook. Fakebook is very different, even dangerous at times. Not that I have a good handle on either FB or blogs. The last good handle I handled was that long part of my hammer.

Since (I’ve read this somewhere) most FB users access FB on their smartphones maybe a period without FB activity just indicates a dead battery. I only access FB from my laptop which I’m using enough as it is. My blog posting is not mobile. Really my online life is not very mobile and that’s the way I prefer it to be. I prefer blogs post because they take more time and thought to post.



who needs a silly smartphone


Imagine me, the-one-who-resisted-the-trend giving advice on smartphone usage. I made a living on technology. My engineering career focused on telecommunications and software.

About apps (yes apps not abs) - We had an interesting rush hour adventure with Google maps yesterday. The too often non express expressways around Chicago can really blow a trip to a live performance. Let’s move it along here we have tickets to a show.

The genius of Google maps told us it was better to exit the expressway, travel some side streets (with exciting traffic lights, left turns and plenty of traffic) then get back on the expressway. We tried it one time on yesterday’s trip. I’m sure it wasted even more time. Then a few miles down the road it suggested taking an exit again.

“What should we do?”, she asked.
“Turn off Google maps!”, I replied.

My advice - don’t put FB on your smartphone, don’t leave the location setting on all the time, don’t get dependent on GPS mapping service, learn how to use maps and finally use sunscreen and blog on.


my advice - try BOTH

 Joke alert
(don’t worry it’s not political)

Late one day, my friend gets pulled over for speeding. This tired looking state trooper comes up to the window. As he hands back the license he says, “My shift ends in a few minutes so if you can give me a reason for speeding that I have not heard, I’ll just give you a warning.”

My friend thinks for awhile and tells the officer, “My ex-wife left me and married a state trooper. I saw your flashing lights and thought it was him bringing her back.” No ticket for my smart thinking friend.




No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing