Wednesday, May 10, 2017

you can't buy

While queued for the checkout yesterday,... (why don’t we use the word queue more here in the US? If you like read that last bit as “waiting in line for the checkout”)
Anyway, I’m standing there looking at all the impulse buying items which apparently includes gift cards. I have bought many gift cards over the years but never on an impulse. That said, I don’t know of a better place to put a rack of gift cards. Now where was I in this story. Oh yeah.

I spot this empty peg hook that has a small tag hanging at the very inside spot. Maybe it’s a placeholder tag? The small tag reads, “Instant Happiness $25”. Now I’m wondering was that a real gift card I’ve never heard of before. Another customer lines up behind me who appears to be similar to me in age. I turn to this brother-from-another-mother and tell him that they have sold out of instant happiness and point to the empty spot. He laughs. Then I continue with “and it was only $25”. “That’s why they sold out” he jokingly replies.

Now I started to title this post "I don’t get out much". But that’s all relative. I did do a quick image search on “instant happiness gift card” and found my answer. Well I’m not sure it really is instant happiness but I do enjoy Chipotle’s burrito made with barbacoa.






On the subject of image searching (oh didn’t you know we were on that subject - pay attention) do an image search on “you can’t buy happiness” and you’ll see all types of signs. They are mostly in the form of “you can’t buy happiness but you can buy ____ “.

Penny for my thoughts? Actually they are free on my blog posts. I do appreciated donated comments from the readers. Your comment donation is not tax deductible. Be satisfied in knowing your comment is contributing to the preservation of blogs.

Any airline pilots out there reading this? I was listening to a discussion on distracted driving (a serious problem for us). One expert/panelist/random caller, mentioned that talking on the phone has the benefit of breaking up the boredom of driving. A call can leave us more awake/alert.

My disjointed train of thought delivered up this question: Do bored airline pilots cruising on a long flight ever play the “I spy” game for fun?


 
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you. Not a burrito!


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing