Thursday, May 25, 2017

Count them on one hand

Too many for one hand, six of one, half a dozen of the other.

On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Play the hand you're dealt, then put your hands up.

What do I know. Not much, how about you?






Most of the sayings/idioms I have heard and used are seldom analyzed. Maybe they were more relevant back when they were first created. Join me in mixing-up a few and far between sayings. Please add any favorites in the comments.

It’s hard to hit the nail on the head, between a rock and a hard place.

I need to bone up on this. I’ll make no bones about it, look what the cat dragged in? (a triple!)


Waiting for my ship to come in, because I’ve heard there is one in every port. No big deal except we are all in the same boat. (a triple!)


Come hell or high water I’ll go down like a lead balloon.


Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, unless they were only a dime a dozen.


Don't hold your breath, unless you just took a dive.


It’s hard to hit the ground running when I don’t have a leg to stand on.


Close but no cigar til the cows come home, mum’s the word. (a triple!)


When it rains it pours, then there’s water under the bridge so you’re off the hook unless things smell fishy. (grand slam)


I’m barking up the wrong tree but at least I’m not at square one.


Talking trash - when neighbors meet at the curb on garbage collection day.


Not in my book - more applicable for me would be “not in my blog.”

Hey now, all you bloggers put your lights on.



No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing