Wednesday, September 14, 2016

shakin the youtube

I don’t like it when I get the chills all over me. But there was a time when a chill would result just from my emotions. You know you are getting old when the meanings of these chills and shakes become so different than in younger years.


i sat down and can't get up

With a boulder on my shoulder,
feelin' kinda older,
I tripped the merry-go-round
With this very unpleasin', sneezin' and wheezin,
the calliope crashed to the ground

If I had a boulder on my shoulder, I probably would crash to the ground. Bruce Springsteen wrote those lyrics in 1973. Manfred Mann modified it and had a big hit with it. (if interested you can heard Bruce talk about it in this clip)

I also can relate to the popular oldie by Steppenwolf, “On A Magic Carpet Ride”:

I like to dream, yes, yes
Right between the sound machine
On a cloud of sound I drift in the night
Any place it goes is right

Now drifting on clouds of sound does appeal to me more than crashing or shaking all over. The image created in your head is what matters for enjoying a good song.

So back to the chills and shaking song. Well you don’t know what you will find in the lyrics of these songs years later. This song certainly wasn’t about shaking seniors (a great band name for a retro band).


Quivers down my backbone
I got the shakes in my thigh bone
I got the shivers in my knee bone
Shakin' all over

Don't you think the song could be background music for a hip/knee replacement ad? I enjoyed the start of this youtube video clip below. How many of you remember those hi-fidelity stereo cabinets that included a radio and storage for all of your LP albums?




No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing