Tuesday, June 14, 2016

we don't know why

There are many things we don't know why they happen or exist. Learning from our past and observations is a useful exercise.

Often knowing or not knowing the why answer has little impact on our lives. When tragedy strikes we strongly seek the why answer. Knowing why gives us an idea of how to stop or at least avoid it from reoccurring.

Why did a 29 year old man kill strangers in a night club in Florida?

As Mary Schmich writes in her column about this terrible event:

"Human principle No. 1: Human beings are always more complicated than you think at first."



My twenty-something nephew wrote a good post about his thoughts on this shooting. Please give it a read. It inspired me to write my post.

His simple answer is hatred. My initial reaction was that is obvious and hate can't be control very well at all. Then I thought about it a little more.

While complete world peace is not coming soon, maybe it could come to your surroundings and spread a little. From ancient times we have been told to love one another (most of us anyway). That is a great message. Even just respecting one another will provide benefits. We certainly don't need to promote hate and profit from it.

I imagine gun sales would drop off significantly if 99.9% of us respected and treated kindly 100% of the others no matter their diversity. So sure there would still be people with bad dangerous intentions. Though I don't believe there would be as many as today.


"Imagine" by John Lennon

Yes this is the view of a dreamer, but dreaming is not a bad thing. Dreaming can open your mind.


"...
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
..."



No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing