Saturday, February 28, 2015

Well it's alright

Well it's all right, riding around in the breeze
Well it's all right, if you live the life you please
Well it's all right, doing the best you can
Well it's all right, as long as you lend a hand


don't let this guy sneak up on you

There are some good lyrics in this song, “The End of the Line”. Now, I certainly don’t feel like I’m near the end of the line. My future lies beyond the yellow brick road. Sometimes I’m reminded of Elton John’s song, “This Train Don’t Stop There Anymore.” (I’ll leave a post about those lyrics for another time).

I did a post about John Mayer’s song, “Stop This Train” awhile ago. Here’s the link.

I’m not interested in the last train to Clarksville. Life has been a long train runnin’. Oh, there are days I feel broken down like a train wreck especially when I wake up with locomotive breath (Jethro Tull). My train has slowed down but I don’t want it to stop.

Then there was Cat Stevens’ “Peace Train”. Now that’s a train more people should have taken a ride on.

Remember Gravy Train dog food?

Arlo Guthrie sang of a long train trip in “City of New Orleans”. It starts off in Illinois. The longest train ride I took was back in the sixties. I took a train from Joliet IL. to Des Moines IA. to visit my older sister. A big adventure for a kid.

I guess when trains were more popular there were more train songs. The “Midnight Special” folk song was about both prison and a train. But my logic is probably faulty since prison has never been popular. Creedence Clearwater Revival did a memorable version of it. Though the magic of youtube I found versions by, Paul McCartney, Bobby Darin, and Little Richard.

Let the Midnight Special shine her light on me.

Oh yeah, back to The End of the Line lyrics that inspired this post.

Well it's all right, even if you're old and gray
Well it's all right, you still got something to say
Well it's all right, remember to live and let live
Well it's all right, the best you can do is forgive


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing