Wednesday, January 07, 2015

think hot

Here's a desperate crazy idea as our temps hover around ZERO (-18 C) for warming us up.  Listen to songs about heat or hot summer days.




Now Donna Summer was lookin' for some hot stuff back in 1979.  Listening to her song you'll realize her hot desire has nothing to do with the weather, unless raining men is a real weather phenomenon.

But I don't want hot stuff.  I want warm days.  Warm sand would be a nice touch.

After looking at a few songs about summer heat I planned to go with "Hot Fun in the Summertime" by Sly and the Family Stone.  It's a fun song that reminds me of those summer days.

However, Mother Nature (who came be a real mother sometimes) tested me today on a patch of ice on the driveway.  My quick trip to the pavement was not completely unexpected.  There was no damage but she did have me on my knees.

Given that drop, I changed my tune to "Slip Slidin' Away" by Paul Simon.

God only knows
God makes his plan
The information's unavailable
To the mortal man
We're working our jobs
Collect our pay
Believe we're gliding down the highway
When in fact we're slip slidin' away


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing