Saturday, August 02, 2014

the joke's on me

My brother who has been known to spend months in the Ozarks woods sent me this joke. Share the laugh I say.






Bubba and Billy Bob finally put their money together, fixed up their old Eldorado and visited the big city of St. Louis. Just a hour into their touring the city Bubba spots a sign on a store which reads, "Suits $5.00 each! shirts $2.00 each, trousers $2.50 each.

Bubba says to his pal, 

"Billy Bob, looky here! We could buy a whole gob of these, take 'em back to Yellville, sell 'em to our... friends, and make a fortune."
Billy Bob jaw drops and feels a headache coming on from the advance math memories he suffered through back in school.
"Just let me do the talkin' 'cause if they hear your accent, they might think we're ignorant, and won't wanna sell us the stuff."
"Now, I'll talk in a fast city style so's they don't know we is from the Ozark hills."
Billy Bob presses his hands hard on his temples and goes along with his best friend who might be his cousin but no one will talk about that.  They approach the store counter, Bubba says in his fast talk, 

"I'll take 50 of them suits at $5.00 each, 100 of them there shirts at $2.00 each, 50 pairs of them there trousers at $2.50 each. I'll back up our Eldorado and..." 

The owner of the shop interrupts, 
"Ya'll from the Ozarks, ain't ya?" 
"Well, yeah," 
says a surprised Bubba..
"How come you knowed that?" 

The store owner laughs,
 "Because this is a dry cleaners."




If you would like to see how messed up that Bee Gee song, check out my parody of it.





No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing