Tuesday, July 14, 2020

words found

crisp scents mingle on a dewy summer morning

Try to guess where I found those sensory words.

I didn't find those paint-a-picture words strung together in a book or a play. No some marketing/advertising budget probably paid an ad copywriter for them.

I read them a few days ago while taking a shower. I thought the post title of "words from the shower" could be a great title. However, they were not my words and you find them on store shelves so the shower is not needed (except for me). Those words were wasted on a tube of Cucumber Melon scrub. The one-who-exfoliates uses it improve skin quality. I don't care for cucumbers or melons.

More important words lower down on the same label warn about getting the foamy scrub in your eyes. They didn't bother to describe the mingling of scrub foam with your eye fluids. I'm sure it would ruin your dewy summer morning mood.


STOP you'll rust


One last bit of thought (most of my thoughts are in bits) - do many people really enjoy dewy summer mornings? Not me. A dewy morning just tells me it's going to be really humid and sticky during the day. A dew on your garden after a long dry spell is appreciated.

Sweet the rains new fall, sunlit from Heaven
Like the first dew fall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
("Morning Has Broken" Songwriters: Eleanor Farjeon / Yusuf Islam)

The MonaLisa twins covered it well:


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing