Friday, January 13, 2017

I'm all shook up

That stomach flu monster visited me last night. Feeling a bit better now. I don't need to hang out on the bathroom floor anymore. I just want to share an update text I sent our daughter who recently had it along with her husband and 6yr old.  (worse situation than mine)


the virus keeps changing hence the variety of colors

Here's my text:

Just now I found my old iPod nano. The second song to play (no joke) was Elvis All Shook Up which I had been. Hopefully not to jinx it but think the worst is over
Well Bless a my soul what's wrong with me?

Well my hands are shaking and my knees are weak. I can't seem to stand on my own two feet





This certainly was not funny during the worst of it. After I rested a bit in bed and canceled my toilet bowl reservations, I found the song funny. I had grabbed my old Ipod just for something to distract me from those unpleasant concerns. When that song started playing I knew I had to share my odd moment.

After I shared my flu moment over the sterile internet I started thinking of other possible flu related tunes. (this should be of little surprise to regular readers which I wish I had been, regular that is)


A long, long time ago...
If you can still remember
How that pie used to make you smile.

You might sing “bye bye American pie”.

At one point I seriously started losing my religion. Now have I said too much?

While hanging out in the bathroom in between “sessions” the Clash song, Should I Stay or Should I Go, came to mind.



There are many songs that refer to shaking and fever. With a bit of stretch you could even change a few words to "A Hard Day's Night" which I had.

Maybe I’m Amazed when I think back during the worst of it and realize how much better one can feel later. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger (maybe funnier too but I have not heard that) Maybe I’m Amazed this flu provided a post and you have read this far. Please share any song suggestions and Good Health to all of you.


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing