Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Wordlessly watching

Thank you falettinme be mice elf agin! Thanks to Sly and the Family Stone for that phonetic spelling.

Wordlessly watching
He waits by the window
And wonders

Wordless activities fail to contribute much for my blog. For me lyrically listening to music works well for generating a post. Not necessarily a perfect post, but judgement doesn’t belong in blogging anyway.



wonders what the little girl is wondering

I’ll start 2020 (can you believe 2020 will be the year of perfect eyesight and limited insight) with a non-correlated collection of thoughts and/or observations, and/or sentences.

It might just be me, but I'm noticing more quotes showing up around the transition into a new year. I found this one about exploring. Quote from the late astronomer Carl Sagan:

"The surface of the Earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean. From it we have learned most of what we know. Recently, we have waded a little out to sea, enough to dampen our toes or, at most, wet our ankles. The water seems inviting."

So grant me a billion or so I can fly a rocket to the moon.


As an adult who has traveled beyond our borders and watches a few documentaries, I know not everyone is fortunate to growup with the luxury of having their own room. I gather from the following song (oh this one is from a great musical documentary titled, “Echo In The Canyon”) that Brian Wilson had his own room. I eventually had my own room after my older brother left.



To round off the post (I never write a sharp post, I might hurt myself) I’ll end with a bit of twitter. While twitter speeds the sharing of words, I doubt it helps anyone with their vocabulary or writing skills. Collected tweets by Chicago Tribune columnist, Eric Zorn:

  • I never say “It’s the least I can do.” I know in my heart I can always do less
  • We need a follow-up song where Dolly Parton comes to her senses and thanks Jolene for taking that cheating dirtbag off her hands
  • I’ll tell you who gets a bad rap. Anyone who asks me to do a rap
  • His last words were, “You seem upset.”
  • Fellas, if you don’t know what you did wrong, do not under any circumstances start guessing
  • On your deathbed, tell everyone “pray for me.” Then make sure to leave a note to be opened after you die that says, “pray harder next time”
  • Please allow children to believe in Santa. You believe in essential oils and no one is ruining it for you


My past posts related to:
Thank you falettinme be mice elf agin


Wordlessly watching

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing