Friday, August 16, 2019

by definition

Extraterrestrial - of or from outside the earth or its atmosphere.

Pardon me while I back up. (danger! old man backing up give me some room)





Long ago, I went to Catholic grade school. It might have provided the foundation of my moderately successfully life. Or maybe I would have been better off without its influence. I’ll never know. Nobody will ever know. Those “if you could go back blah blah” games are just games. Thought games are good but they alone don’t provide solid evidence.

After 6th grade I transferred over to the public school system. Now slide the timeline to 1982. The movie E.T. was a big hit. Our family watched it a few times. No connection to my early grade school came to my mind while watching. You might recall the movie showed an extraterrestrial visit from the perspective of children. (adults often fail to get it right) Our children really enjoyed the movie at the time.

I found this in a description of the E.T. movie, “E.T. is a sci-fi adventure that captures that strange moment in youth when the world is a place of mysterious possibilities…”. Ok, but for me mysterious possibilities have arisen in my mind for my entire life. It’s not just for kids.

Yesterday, I’m standing on my deck enjoying the nice day. I started wondering (I highly recommend wondering in nice weather) what life would be like for an extraterrestrial visiting earth. I have no indication that I’m from beyond earth, but I still wonder. Then a few scrambled thoughts came together in an odd way. My collection of thoughts had me saying, hmm I need to post this odd idea.

Jesus was an extraterrestrial by definition.

Depending on your background my conclusion may be shocking, blasphemy or meh. If in fact I have a guardian angel assigned to me, I'll need to remember to ask about my idea.

Should I have titled this post “Close Encounters of the Blog Kind”?




 

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing