Saturday, October 27, 2018

Youtube nevermore

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts
Owl pumpkin carved by daughter


What would Edgar Allan Poe write?

I ain’t no poet and I surely know it. Here’s an update for you Mr. Poe.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I tweeted, weak and weary,

Well it’s a start. A failed start. Nevermore.

When failure pulls me down I turn to youtube. The variety of entertainment, nonsense, knowledge, music, and pure garbage on youtube is only surpassed by the internet itself.

Edgar Allan Poe’s The Raven read by Christopher Walken along with a Simpsons cartoon version are both available for your midnight dreary on youtube.

Today the maddening rapping and tapping on doors during Edgar’s time have been replaced by a cacophony of horns, beeps and screeching tires of city traffic. Well sure, that wasn’t a great segue but hey, I’m weak and weary. Note, I’m now moving on to ideas for traffic intersections.

My first experience with roundabouts was in the UK and then in Ireland. I think they work great without automated traffic signals except for very busy junctions. I’ve benefited from the optional extra trips around the circle while deciding on my route. Roundabouts offer an easier flow for junctions with more than two roads. There are a few roundabouts (circles) here in the Chicago suburbs but very few.

Apparently, Montana is introducing them there. Here’s an instructional video of how to maneuver a roundabout in Big Sky Country. Personally, the large arm coming down in Big Arm Country would freeze me motionless at the wheel.



So faintly you came tapping tapping at my SUV door. Nevermore.






No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing