Friday, April 20, 2018

one hell of a woman

Would the post title "one heaven of a woman" had the same effect as the one I used?

Oh if you thought this post was about a particular woman it's not. But as I start to write this I'm reminded that the late Barbara Bush was apparently "one heaven/hell of a woman". (here's a remembrance of her by a Secret Service agent)


one helluva robot

As I've been known to do more frequently of late, I was listening to an oldies station and heard that phrase in a song. My more inquisitive part of my brain asked the other part - why don't we say "one heaven of a woman/man" more? (oh you also have different parts of your brain talking to one another - don't you?)

Here's the lyrics that started these questions popping in my brain:

She's one hell of a woman
Young, strong and tame
But soft when she loves me
Like a gentle kitten in my hand
She makes me feel Like a hell of a man





Now I didn't recall this song enough to recognized it from the lyrics. It did sound somewhat familiar. A fuzzy faded memory. It came out in 1974. The wonderful filled-with-good-and-bad internet helped track it down for me.


The message in the song reminds of one of my favorites by Billy Joel, "She's Always A Woman". Of the two songs I like the Billy Joel one much more.

Ohhh... she takes care of herself
She can wait if she wants,
she's ahead of her time
Ohhh... and she never gives out
And she never gives in, she just changes her mind
(here's the She's Always A Woman link)





So you enjoyed a heaven of a time reading and thinking about this - right?
Because I had a hell of a time writing it.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing