Monday, February 26, 2018

Mama told me

Just an old man wondering what Mama told me.

This is the craziest party there could ever be
Don't turn on the lights, 'cause I don't want to see

Oh excuse me, the sun is shining. I should take a walk outside and ponder this post.

(Many footsteps later but whose counting?)

Thanks it was a good walk. Met and talked with two neighbors while I out there meandering around. Great that the sunshine is bringing people out.

Mama told me not to come
She said, That ain't the way to have fun, no

Like most of us (I assume), I trusted most everything my Mama told me. Not that is matters for this post but if you were wondering I actually called her Mom. I don’t think we are influenced by just one person. Although I consider her my biggest single influence, my Dad, sisters, brother, teachers, coworkers, and friends all added to whatever it is I am today.

She instilled in me the importance of learning. Her immigrant parents often turned to her for help with English.

Care for the less fortunate, don’t be trapped in being selfish. Be nice. One specific example of being nice she gave me was "Don't say anything, if you can't say something nice."

The importance of truth. Lies and dishonesty lead you deeper into more of the same. You can’t earn lasting trust if you fail to provide truth.

I don’t recall her telling me that things are not always what the appear to be. However, I’m sure she would agree with that idea.

I seen so many things
I ain't never seen before
Don’t know what it is,
I don't want to see no more




 

How about you? Would any of you like to share what your Mama told you?

 

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing