Thursday, August 17, 2017

no cup of joe

Thursday Aug 17, 2017 - coffee cup crisis 
Apparently sometime during the daylight hours yesterday my favorite coffee cup was set down somewhere unusual in this house. I’m frustrated in my inability to locate this excellent coffee cup. After looking in a few obvious places like next to this computer I took a break from the search and drank some coffee with a backup cup.

I feel more upset than if this coffee cup had been dropped and broken. That would have be upsetting but at least I would have known what happened to it. Not knowing if it is still intact or broken somewhere increases the stress.




last seen 8/16/17 answers to "smell the coffee"


Our house is smaller than most so after the few rooms I would expect to see it sitting on table/shelf/box/something. Also, bothering me is how a missing coffee cup could upset me. Just adds yet another dimension to the dilemma. How could I misplace a useful clearly visible object like this? I’m one of few in the family that even drinks coffee. Hopefully writing about it will help me to move on.

That coffee cup has warmed my hands on countless mornings. The thick sides and well rounded rim keeps the coffee warm and flowing easily.

What will I misplace next?

I regularly derail my train of thought. I’ve gotten use to that. However I'm typically OCD about putting things back in the same place.

Oh, on a brighter note - did you see these cool eclipse stamps? My nice brother-in-law alerted me to this post office offering. I ran out to the post office to pick-up a sheet. These forever stamps ($0.49 ea) are sensitive to heat. The black moon clears to reveal the moon’s face after you hold your thumb on them. Also, so far I have not misplaced them. (I know I didn't bring my coffee cup to the post office)



sun moon stamps

BREAKING NEWS - Lisleman’s treasured coffee cup has been found. The cup is in fine condition. After a day long search by as many as 3 adults, the cup was discovered abandoned inside the microwave.

I was just about to publish this when she-who-found-it announced the news. I can’t believe I didn’t reheat leftovers today and found it myself. I'm feeling dumb now.

In celebration here’s a song about losing it by Lucinda Williams.

I think I lost it
Let me know if you come across it
Let me know if I let it fall along a back road somewhere.



No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing